Positive Thinking Quotes
Do you feel yourself drowning in a relentless pool of unending dismay? Have your finite letdowns pushed you into the throes of despair, affirming you that there is nothing much you can do to revive yourself? Then you need to pick up a history book to find real life examples of heroes, who by their sheer virtue of positive thinking and self-confidence have created wonders with their backs against the wall. Here is a short anecdote: at the age of 12, William Ernest Henley, an English poet contracted tuberculosis of the bone. A few years later, the disease progressed to his foot, and physicians announced that the only way to save his life was to amputate directly below the knee. It was amputated when he was 17, but his stoicism inspired him to write a poem called “Invictus”, of which one line goes as “I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.” This poem later became the vital inspirational drive for Nelson Mandela, who after spending 27 years in jail, became the President of South Africa. It merely exemplifies how positive thinking and positive assertion can transform your life. Read this article to learn what the great minds said about the utilities of positive thinking.
Quotations On Positive Thinking
- “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
- “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” – Willie Nelson
- “You’ve done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.” – Ralph Marston
- “Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities – always see them, for they’re always there.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “If you think about your disaster you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.” – W. Clement Stone
- “There is a basic law that like attracts like. Negative thinking definitely attracts negative results. Conversely, if a person habitually thinks optimistically and hopefully, his positive thinking sets in motion creative forces – and success instead of eluding him flows toward him.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.” -Norman Vincent Peale
- “Like the wind that carries one ship east and another west, the law of autosuggestion will lift you up or pull you down according to the way that you set your sails of thought.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Within you is the divine capacity to manifest and attract all you desire.” – Wayne Dyer
- “You are capable of much more than you are presently thinking, imagining, doing or being.” – Myles Munroe
- “There would be nothing to frighten you if you refuse to be afraid.” – Gandhi
- “A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.” – Gandhi
- “The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can’t be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “That’s my gift. I let that negativity roll off me like water off a duck’s back. If it’s not positive, I didn’t hear it. If you can overcome that, fights are easy.” – George Foreman
- “You have powers you never dreamed of. You can do things you never thought you could do. There are no limitations in what you can do except the limitations of your own mind.” – Darwin P. Kingsley
- “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “Two men look out the same prison bars; one sees mud and the other stars.” – Frederick Langbridge.
- “Act as if it were impossible to fail.” – Dorothy Broude
- “Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in experience and achievement.” – Edward Rickenbacker.
- “You can do anything you think you can. This knowledge is literally the gift of the gods, for through it you can solve every human problem. It should make of you an incurable optimist. It is the open door.” – Robert Collier
- “If you focus on the possible when you experience difficult situations, you can positively change your outlook, reduce your stress, and concentrate on achieving things that otherwise may not have been possible.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts will inevitably bring about right results.” – James Allen
- “Like success, failure is many things to many people. With positive mental attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, and a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order to prepare to try again.” – W. Clement Stone
Read the sayings of wise people and keep yourself motivated, as there is no virtue as potent and as magnificent as positive thinking. It empowers you to overcome all the hurdles, which you might come across in your life. Obstacles and occasional letdowns are inevitable. What matters is how you react and overcome those hurdles and these quotes will surely overwhelm you with positive energies.